Aussie Undisputed Elites
Welcome back bro!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Aussie Undisputed Elites
Welcome back bro!
Aussie Undisputed Elites
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Ops’ Sniper Rifles Will Get “Tweaks” Says Treyarch

+14
Macca_96
EN73RN41_G10RY
Moores66
InfernoBR
kris9797
mossy20
x-CODY9428
rage137
gollum 988
Friddles
MyOwnInsanity
last12
oUJENo
hunterand1
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Black Ops’ Sniper Rifles Will Get “Tweaks” Says Treyarch Empty Black Ops’ Sniper Rifles Will Get “Tweaks” Says Treyarch

Post by hunterand1 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:32 am

Inevitably, a lot of people are unhappy about the way Treyarch have changed – some say gimped - the Sniper rifles in Black Ops in an attempt to stop quickscoping. Many of these people have been voicing their opinions to the developers, in particular the Multiplayer Design Director David Vonderhaar, asking if anything would be changed or tweaked with the off-center-while-scoping-in Sniper rifles.

As it turns out Treyarch will be making “small tweaks” to the Sniper rifles via the live-tuning system, but don’t expect to be quickscoping like you did in Modern Warfare 2 any time soon. Vonderhaar explained the situation in a forum post recently:

I don’t like talking about the Snipers rifles and what we are going to do or not do. You see, for every reasonable person wishing to engage in a civil dialog, I get an earful from dozens or hundreds more who are unbelievable rude.

However, by far, this is the most common question people ask me about. We said (and I promised) that we would work hard to maintain a dialog with you about the game. So, despite the many ugly replies sure to follow, here I am.

First off, no matter what we do, the hardest core members Quick Scoping community will likely never be completely satisfied. The most common request I get is “…nobody complained how it was in Call of Duty 4 or World at War… make it like that.” The people who say that must continue to not believe me when I tell you that we had it like “4 and World at War” a similar number of players were not very happy about it. Why do you think we changed it in the first place?

This is the update you have been asking about. Yes. We will probably make small tweaks to sniper rifles.

(1) We are evaluating the damage and hit box multipliers. Especially, if the weapon is suppressed.
(2) We are moving what many of you refer to as the “sniper rifle patch” into tunables we can adjust easier so that we can do some real-time experimentation

Anything we do is going to be carefully deliberated. Personally, I’m eager to get onto the business of “live tuning” the game, but not if it pushes the pendulum too far in a direction we don’t want the game to go.

It will come. But, it will come really slowly (for many of you).

Finally, the sniper tuning conversation starts and stops with you. Act responsible. Get updates and a conversation. Some self-policing will go a long way. Act immature, get nothing.

David ‘Vahn’ Vonderahaar

http://www.codblackopsblog.com/black-ops-sniper-rifles-will-get-tweaks-says-treyarch/
hunterand1
hunterand1
Colonel
Colonel

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&story_fbi

Back to top Go down

Black Ops’ Sniper Rifles Will Get “Tweaks” Says Treyarch Empty Re: Black Ops’ Sniper Rifles Will Get “Tweaks” Says Treyarch

Post by oUJENo Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:55 am

oUJENo
4th Prestige
4th Prestige

Back to top Go down

Black Ops’ Sniper Rifles Will Get “Tweaks” Says Treyarch Empty Re: Black Ops’ Sniper Rifles Will Get “Tweaks” Says Treyarch

Post by last12 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 pm

i honestly thought qs ruined part of mw2,

yes qs was fun but only in sniper lobbys. you shouldn't have to get into a gun fight and get out played by a sniper because its 1 shot kill(kind of like drop shotting where its advantage) so its unfair if your a fighting against a good quick scoper.

This is probably going to get alot of heat...
last12
last12
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOwnInsanity Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:38 pm

last12 wrote:i honestly thought qs ruined part of mw2,

yes qs was fun but only in sniper lobbys. you shouldn't have to get into a gun fight and get out played by a sniper because its 1 shot kill(kind of like drop shotting where its advantage) so its unfair if your a fighting against a good quick scoper.

i agree, if your gunna snipe in the game, then do it properly. If you want quick scoping then go to a pvt match. Its that simple, yes quick scoping is easy on BO when you know how but fuck man dont ruin the game with that shit, its just as bad as noob tubing
MyOwnInsanity
MyOwnInsanity
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Friddles Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 pm

last12 wrote:i honestly thought qs ruined part of mw2,

Whats the difference in having a gun fight with someone with a noob tube ?

And how is having a sniper rifle and shooting one bullet by the time you have shot at least 10 not fair ?

It was hard to quickscope, it took practice. They get rid of it and not noob tubes ? I don't get that.
Friddles
Friddles
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by gollum 988 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:43 am

i reckon it sucks that they kept tubes cause they piss me off more then QSers
gollum 988
gollum 988
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by rage137 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:02 am

Tubes don't really worry me in this game, they are less powerful and you only have 2 per life, plus no danger close. I really don't run into too many people using them. I never had a problem with quickscopers though either.
rage137
rage137
2nd Prestige
2nd Prestige

Back to top Go down

Post by x-CODY9428 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:08 am

yeh you would have killed a sniper in any other CoD's quicker then he killed you unless they were a really good sniper which most of the people who sniped weren't. i would be happy if they just take away the stupid thing that puts your scope off but even if u have the shot lined up properly its not a garante that its even gonna hit them. they have fucked up sniping in this game soo much
x-CODY9428
x-CODY9428
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

https://www.youtube.com/user/buhagiar08?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterand1 Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 am

If you read the * UPADTES* in Ujens post JD talks about how he read someones comment saying you should only get the sniper wobble if you standing up , not crouching or laying prone, and he said it was a great idea and something that the team might think about or something like that... so imagine coming up against a drop shotting quickscoper Neutral
hunterand1
hunterand1
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by mossy20 Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:01 am

quickscoping took skill where as tubing did not

however i think you can still snipe pretty quick in BO just not as fast as mw2
mossy20
mossy20
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by x-CODY9428 Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:03 am

yeh its not the scope in time thats the problem ist the fact that none of the shots register because of the stupid patch
x-CODY9428
x-CODY9428
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by mossy20 Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:04 am

i dont really have a problem i can do it fairly quick, i've ran into people not that far away and have killed them before they shot
mossy20
mossy20
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by kris9797 Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:46 am

i find all this noob tube hating offensive
kris9797
kris9797
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by x-CODY9428 Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:14 am

Fuck up. But noobtubes are no where near as bad now and its good because its turned everyone off them and i barely come across them soo thats one good thing about this game
x-CODY9428
x-CODY9428
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterand1 Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:17 am

we need to get our sniper lobbies happening again.
hunterand1
hunterand1
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by InfernoBR Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:41 pm

no point on black ops :/ quick scoping no fun in this
InfernoBR
InfernoBR
1st Prestige
1st Prestige

Back to top Go down

Post by x-CODY9428 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:09 pm

yeh me and brady tried it out a bit ago and was ohk but no where near as good as mw2 or CoD4 but we had the reticules on small soo you would get just about every shot which kinda took the fun out of it but i would be up to trying it again. but also they dont really have that good of maps for it nuketown is ohk but not the best
x-CODY9428
x-CODY9428
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterand1 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:38 pm

did you change the setttings?
hunterand1
hunterand1
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by InfernoBR Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:50 pm

yeah and made the crosshair tiny was boring as like you could cross mp no scope just wasnt fun and sniping sounds and the way you scope in merrr
InfernoBR
InfernoBR
1st Prestige
1st Prestige

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterand1 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:16 pm

you guys must just be boring.
hunterand1
hunterand1
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by InfernoBR Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 pm

you made me like this!
InfernoBR
InfernoBR
1st Prestige
1st Prestige

Back to top Go down

Post by x-CODY9428 Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Its not that bad lol but i haven felt the erge to play it again
x-CODY9428
x-CODY9428
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by InfernoBR Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:20 pm

ive felt the urge to play some quickscopes on mw2 tbh
InfernoBR
InfernoBR
1st Prestige
1st Prestige

Back to top Go down

Post by x-CODY9428 Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeh we should organise a time to have a sniper lobby on MW2 for a bit of fun. And what the fuck are u still doing up
x-CODY9428
x-CODY9428
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Moores66 Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 am

just set the steady aim perk to 20% instead of 5%, thats what the competetive snipers are doing lol
Moores66
Moores66
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next